New RGB site

Important announcements about this discussion forum

Re: New RGB site

Postby MattHiggo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:00 pm

Driver: Matt Higginson
No: 83
Car: Spire GT3 (class R)
This will be my 2nd season in any type of racing and I have well and truly put my self in the deep end...driving last years Championship winning record breaking car! There certainly is a big jump in performance from racing the previous GTR model last season :D . I think we had the biggest following in the paddock last year and this will surely increase this year especially with the addition of a shiny new Motor Home (much to the pleasure of my fiancee). I am lucky enough to have 4 sponsors on-board through our business associates who will be sporting their brands on a new shell: Focus RS Green with Carbon wrap center. Aiming to master the new car ASAP whilst reducing the friendly fire on other cars :lol:
All my videos from last year and new ones will be on you tube http://www.youtube.com/user/MHRacingChannel/ or you can follow my facebook group http://www.facebook.com/groups/342607392455990/?fref=ts
MattHiggo

Postby AdrianM » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:28 pm

Driver: Adrian Moore
Number: 68
Car: AB Performance Sabre (G1)

This will be my 9th season in RGB, I’ve raced in the old class A, revised class B and will now be in class R. I’m a perennial mid field runner with no illusions of talent, or expectations of “Laurels and Glory”. I’m in it for the fun of it, and the wonderful RGB paddock community. I’ve been on fire twice, blown two or three engines and have had one or two contact incidents, but I can’t keep away :D
My chief pit monkey is Duncan Mepham who’ll you’ll see hobbling about the place on his gammy leg. This year I’ll be competing a red AB Performance G1 Sabre for the first time, having said good bye to my venerable old Pell Genesis, which may be competed by Charlie Thomas later this year.
You may also see my grown up kids; Chris and Charlotte about the paddock and just very occasionally, my wife Kate

You can recognise my paddock bus\gin palace as its the blue and white winnebago itasca.
My blog is at http://www.rgbracer.com, my twitter is @rgbracer, allthough both are a bit sporadiclly updated.

My remaining realistic ambition is to finally, after 8 years of trying bloody well beat Tim Hoverd .

Adrian
No 68 - Building a SABRE and trying to get to Anglesey
Blog http://www.rgbracer.com
RSS: http://www.akccmoore.com/rgbracer/?feed=rss2
AdrianM

Postby Boltsy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:52 pm

Driver: Kevin Bolton
No. 23
Car: Westfield Megablade 1000rr

Based in Suffolk, this will be my 1st RGB season having bought the old Westfield from an ex RGB racer. Re-built over the winter fitting an '09 1000rr Blade engine (which turned out to be much more involved than first thought!). The only things not to be changed are the Brake Discs! Looking forward to the season and paddock life i've heard so much about. Supported by "Mouse" on the spanners + me & Dad who informs me he will attend all the races. For the older reader, you might remember him from the '68 / '69 Saloon car series driving a Doc Murfield Ford Cortina (Fraud Ford) with a GT40 engine installed. He won the British championship in '68 so hoping some of that has rubbed off on me!
Limitations start where the visions end...
Boltsy

Postby BobM » Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:27 pm

# 33
BDN S3

This will be my 5th full season in RGB and it's really about time I started driving a bit quicker. I usually travel a long way (from South Wales), pitch up on my own and rely on help from my buddies in RGB, especially Austen and Ken, when things go pear shaped. I think mine's the only road legal car in class R :-)
Just keep it flat round Hollywood and through Craner. It'll be fine. Allegedly. It was fine, just a pity I was in the wrong seat
BobM

Postby Andy G » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Driver: Andy Grant

Northfleet, Kent

no 45

Car: stm Phoenix

Class F

2013 is my 6th season in rgb. starting in 2008 in a class c fury running for 2 years then converted to class F for the last 3 years.
This year i will be racing Al Boultons class winning car :D no pressure!! Looking back over the last 5 seasons, it seems i have
only ever entered 34 races, so have ticked every race this year. Also purchased a new gazebo, and will try to post video
footage with the rest of you.
Andy G

Postby iles » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:48 pm

Andy Hiley
Age Mature
Racing number 53
Car Chronos HR12
Home West Yorkshire
First raced in 1979, for those who cannot remember that far back it’s when gravel traps did not exist and Grand Prix circuits were using the then state of the art catch fencing! And the concept of ARDS courses had not even been thought of.
Many years racing sports cars specifically MG’s
A short period in Classic saloon car in the BTTC support race with a BMW 1602.
Started racing with 750mc in Kit Cars in 2001, 5 times Champion
Attempted RGB racing 2012!
Intending a real forage into RGB in 2013.
Supported by long suffering wife Jenny (A demon on the watch), my friend Chris of 40 years (an artist with all things bodywork), son Tom, nephew Rich and friends.
iles

Postby edsco » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:25 am

Driver: Ed Scotney
Car: Genesis RR
Number: 66
Class: R
2013 will be my 2nd year in RGB and racing full stop! Aspired to get into racing for many years and it finally became reality in 2012 racing a class F Fury. 2012 was quite literally a baptism of fire getting to grips with driving in a competitive environment. A far cry from pottering around on trackdays! Last year was about getting experience. 2013 i have high hopes. With my newly acquired and recently rebuilt Genesis RR and bright orange colour scheme, I hope I am not too delusional thinking I could achieve a top 12 result. Fingers crossed!
edsco

Postby smurfmoto » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Driver . Colin Spicer

Car . Fisher Fury chassis with Wildmoor body

No 9. Class F

This will be my third year in RGB. I started 2011 with a old class C 919 Honda fire blade engine. Mid season I decided to change to a more modern engine, this took longer than expected and I missed the second half of the season. I raced the whole season last year. I had a busy winter changing the body and am looking forward to another years racing.
smurfmoto

Previous

Return to Announcements